Set Up and Manage Teams
Learn to set up and manage teams from the video below or scroll down to read the written directions.
To set up or create a team, log into AgilityHealth and you will see the Team Dashboard. In the upper right-hand corner of the screen, you can click the green ‘Add Team’ button to go through the simple wizard that walks you through setting up a team.
When prompted, select the 'Team' option and click the Add Team button to go to the Team Profile page.
On the Team Profile page, you will enter the information you know about a team. We recommend you work with the team’s ScrumMaster to fill out this information and provide you a good understanding of each team prior to their retrospective.
1. Enter a Team Name (required).
2. Select a Work Type (required).
Select the work type from the drop-down list that most closely aligns to the type of work that this team is doing. The most common work types for Agile teams within the IT organization are “software delivery” and “service and support.”
When creating a team of individuals who will be taking one of our Individual 360 assessments, be sure to select "group of individuals" as the work type.
3. The remaining questions are optional.
Enter any fields that help to describe the context and background for the team.
4. Select Team Tags (if applicable).
If available, tag your team with the appropriate product line and program. A team can have several tags which will affect how they are displayed on the dashboard and when you roll them up into multi-teams (programs, product lines, portfolios). You can also tag them by which methodology they are using (Scrum, Kanban, Waterfall, etc.). These tags are customizable. You may need to work with your Company Admin for guidance on how tags are being used by your organization.
5. Click the Create Team & Add Team Members button.
Adding Team Members
Next, you can add your team members. There are several options for adding team members.
1. Add Manually
Team members can be added manually by clicking on the Add Team Member button. Enter the required fields of First Name, Last Name and email address. If the email address already exists in the directory within AgilityHealth, you will be asked whether you want to use or update the existing record to avoid duplication.
The additional fields on the pop up are described after the three options for adding team members.
2. Add from Directory
Click on the Add from Directory button if you expect that team members have already been added to AgilityHealth (for example, if team members were added by your Company Admin or if the individual was on another team in AgilityHealth in the past).
3. Upload Team Members
First, download the Team Members Template in Excel by clicking on the arrow next to the Upload Team Members button. Then, save the file on your computer and add team member information to the Excel sheet. Once complete, you can click on the Upload Team Members button to upload the data from the Excel sheet.
Add Team Member Screen
After clicking on Add Team Member, you will be taken to the Add Team Member screen. On this screen, you will be asked for additional information when adding team members:
- Select the Role and Participant Group for team members.
- This is needed so that team members receive the appropriate survey questions (product owner vs. team members for the team confidence competency) and so that data at the multi-team rollup level can be filtered for analysis. Role is the function or position each person holds on this team.
- When using the TeamHealth assessment for teams tagged as Service and Support or Software Delivery (generally non-business teams), be sure the ScrumMaster and/or Product Owner are tagged as such, so they will see the quantitative questions. You can learn more about the TeamHealth quantitative questions here.
- When setting up teams and team members who will take the DevOps Health survey, make sure to include a role for each team member. This is important in analyzing the results of the assessment. The ScrumMaster will also have quantitative questions to answer so make sure they are tagged appropriately. You can learn about the DevOps quantitative questions here.
- Participant group indicates additional groups or categories that apply to each person, such as their employment type (ex. FTE or contractor), location or organizational area (ex. Business or IT). Select one or more applicable participant groups.
- Allocation Type is less commonly captured.
- If you have been asked to gather this information, enter either Hours per Week or Percent allocation for team members to indicate how much of their time is allocated to this team.
- Enter Employment Type if this field is present.
- If desired, you can also upload a photo of the team member.
- Click Save and Add New if you have more team members to add or click Save and Close if this is your last team member to add.
Stakeholders are not core members of the team but are impacted by their work. They could be managers, sponsors, other product owners, external customers/users or anyone the team wants to solicit feedback from on how they’re doing. Stakeholders will receive two questions when the survey is launched and the results will be displayed under the “Stakeholder Confidence” competency on the radar, as well as the Net Promoter Score metric. The process for adding stakeholders is the same as adding team members.
Please note: Stakeholders should not be added for a team of individuals who will be taking an Individual 360 assessment. Their 'stakeholders' will be added as Reviewers during the assessment creation process.
When finished adding stakeholders, click the Review & Finish button. From the Review & Finish screen, you can edit the team profile, team members or stakeholders if necessary.
Managing Teams: Edit an existing team profile, team members and stakeholders
If your team is already set up in AgilityHealth, three weeks prior to the retrospective, you should verify the team profile is valid and the team members and stakeholders are accurate, as members may have joined or left the team since the last retrospective.
Again, we recommend you work with the team’s ScrumMaster to review this information and ensure you still have a good understanding of each team prior to their retrospective.
To get to the team’s information, log into AgilityHealth and begin with the Team Dashboard, where you’ll see the familiar view of the team(s) listed in Swim Lanes View.
Hover over the icon for the team whose profile you want to edit and click the blue pencil icon.
From the Team Profile tab, the Team Member tab and the Stakeholders tab, you will be able to edit or delete information and members as necessary.
Note: If you delete a Team Member or a Stakeholder, their survey responses will remain on any surveys they participated in previously.