Understanding the Growth Items Dashboard
The Growth Items Dashboard allows users the ability to search for and view growth items created by active teams in your company. This is useful when you need to find a growth item without knowing which team created it or if it has pulled into a multi-team or enterprise team, or when you want to see the status of growth items across all teams or a group of teams.
Growth Items Dashboard Location
If the Growth Items Dashboard is enabled for your company, you will see the Growth Items Dashboard in the top navigation.
When the toggle in the right corner of the dashboard is set to Grid, you will view each growth item in its own row. Change the toggle to Kanban to see growth items in a Kanban board. The default view of this dashboard is for Team growth items. Change the toggle to Talent Development to see growth items created by participants of talent development assessments.
Edit growth items by clicking the Edit button in the Action column for that growth item. This is also where you can add a solution and notes to growth items, using the various tabs in the edit modal.
If the status of the growth item is not editable and you see information that mentions Jira, that growth item is synced from AgilityHealth to the team's Jira board. The status must be updated in Jira, all other information can be updated in AgilityHealth. Learn more.
Use the drop-down arrow next to the Edit button to:
- Go to the growth item - clicking "Go to" will open a new window and take you to either the growth plan of the assessment the growth item was created in or the team's Growth Items Dashboard, if the growth item was created outside of an assessment. The growth item edit modal will also open so you can edit the growth item directly.
- See the history of the growth item including the creation date and status changes/dates by clicking History.
- View any notes that have been added to the growth item by clicking on Notes.
You can export and filter your view, as described below.
- Export to Excel
- You are able to export the entire dashboard into an Excel spreadsheet using the Export button in the upper right corner. Any filters you have applied to the dashboard will be saved in the export as well. This is useful when you want to share specific items with leaders who do not have access to AgilityHealth®. This is also useful when you want to search for keywords or organize the information in a different way than the dashboard allows.
- Filter by category
- All - allows you to see all the growth items in the dashboard.
- Team - filters to only the team growth items. This view is helpful for seeing the status of items being worked on at the team level. Available in team view.
- Organizational - filters to only the organizational growth items. This view is helpful for managers and leadership to focus on the items the teams are requesting their help with. Available in team view.
- Enterprise - filters to only the items that have been escalated up from an organizational growth item to an enterprise growth item. This view is helpful for executives and enterprise coaches working to address growth items impacting multiple areas of the organization. Available in team view.
- Individual - filters to growth items that participants have assigned to themselves. Available in talent development view.
- Management - filters to growth items created in talent development assessments that participants have escalated to management. Available in talent development view.
- Radar Type
- All - shows growth items across all the radars.
- None - shows growth items created on the team's Growth Items Dashboard that are not associated with a radar type.
- Note: Growth Items can no longer be created without selecting a radar type, this was previously existing functionality. If a growth item was created without a radar type in the past, if the growth item is opened to be edited, a radar type will need to be chosen in order to save any other changes.
- [Radar Type] - shows growth items associated with the selected radar.
- Filter growth items by team tags, for example, different lines of business, work type, methodology, etc.
- Sort by column heading/choose what columns to display
- In order to group by different teams, status, or any other column, you can drag any column heading to the area above the column titles labeled "Drag a column header and drop it here to group by that column".
- Click on the arrow next to the column title to open a drop-down menu that allows you to:
- Sort most columns by ascending or descending order.
- Choose which columns to display or hide.
- Filter your view more specifically. For example, if you were looking for all growth items that were high or very high priority, you could filter the "Priority" column as illustrated below.
Once your filter has been applied, you will see two buttons appear in the upper right. Use the 'Copy Link with Applied Filters' to copy a link to your clipboard. The link can then be shared with another AgilityHealth user and when they visit the link, they will be brought to the Growth Items Dashboard and the filters you applied will remain intact.
Please note: The user you share the link with may not see all the growth items in your filtered view (or may see more) if they do not have the same user role and permissions as you do.
When the toggle in the right corner of the dashboard is set to Kanban, you will be viewing growth items according to their status as cards on a Kanban board.
Next to the words Kanban View in the upper left corner, you will see icons representing the Enterprise, Organizational, and Team growth items on the board and the number of growth items in each category. The management category does not yet have an icon - coming soon!
You may filter this board by category (Team, Enterprise, and Organizational or Individual and Management) and radar type by using those drop-down boxes in the center. The radar type of "None" will only work in the team view.
Growth items can be exported into Excel by clicking on the green Excel icon in the upper right corner of the Kanban board.
Click and hold to drag a growth item from one status column into another status column.
Hover over the various icons at the bottom of a card to view details about that growth item.
Edit any growth item by clicking the pencil icon in the upper right corner of a growth item card. This is also where you can add a solution and notes to growth items, using the various tabs in the edit modal.
Customize the Kanban Board
Customize the Kanban board view by clicking the gear icon for Settings in the upper right corner of the board.
This will allow you to show or hide any panel (column) in the Kanban board and change the color of the column headings. You can also choose to show or hide any icon on the growth item cards by selecting and deselecting items in the Properties section.