When should I send the invitation to the retrospective?
For a team based radar, such as the TeamHealth Radar:
- It is recommended that you send the retrospective invitation to team members and an email explaining to stakeholders they will be receiving an assessment two weeks prior to the retrospective.
- Send the assessment to stakeholders one week prior to the retrospective so that stakeholders have time to respond to the questions before the session.
- Send the assessment to team members either during the retrospective session, if you're facilitating the assessment within the session, or one week prior to the session if you would like team members to have taken the assessment prior to the retrospective session.
Here are some best practices to follow:
When to Administer
- New Teams – 1 or 2 months after formation to establish a baseline
- Active Teams – On a quarterly or bi-annual cycle
Who Should Attend
- All team members are invited and expected to be present (online or in person) for this session, including the PO and ScrumMaster of the team, for a team-based assessment, such as the TeamHealth Retrospective.
- Stakeholders are usually sent the assessment ahead of the actual retrospective meeting so that their responses will be included in the results. Remember, Stakeholders are typically Managers, IT Leaders and Business Leaders impacted by this project or anyone the team feels they want input/feedback from.