How to Facilitate an Enterprise Business Agility (EBA) Assessment
Session Purpose and Outcomes:
Download a very detailed version of the agenda at the bottom of this article!
|Intro & Complete Assessment||Introduction, Meeting Purpose & Norms||5 Min|
|Workshop: Drivers for Change||10 Min|
|Quick Overview of EBA Pillars||5 Min|
|Complete the Assessment||40 Min|
|Analysis, Discussion||Analyze the Radar & Facilitate Conversation||1 Hr|
|Identify Top Gaps||15 Min|
|Strategic Themes and Next Steps||Define Strategic Intent and Top Themes (12 months)||1 Hr|
|Next Steps||15 Min|
|Session Retrospective||5 Min|
- Purchase assessments: If you have not yet purchased them, purchase them here.
- Ensure the right attendees are being invited. (Transformation leaders and transformation team members and stakeholders.)
- Conduct the EBA Overview 2 Hr Seminar ahead of this meeting when feasible. View Slides
- Set up the team inside AgilityHealth: (10 min. per team) Once you login to AgilityHealth:
- Follow this tutorial on setting up teams.
- Please choose the work type of 'Transformation' instead of 'Software Delivery' on team setup wizard. The EBA Radar only shows up for teams of this type.
- You won't need to add stakeholders for this assessment.
- Set up the assessment: (2 min. per team) Follow this tutorial to learn how to setup an assessment. Here are a few things to note specific to EBA Radar:
- In the 'Add Assessment' wizard you'll select the EBA Radar from the drop-down. If you don't see it, make sure the team was setup as 'Transformation' work type. If it was, then contact email@example.com to make sure the EBA radar is enabled for your company.
- On the last page, save the assessment as draft and don't launch it until the day of your transformation retrospective & strategy session. People will give more valuable input when they are present and you've explained what the competencies mean.
- Prepare for the facilitation of the 1/2 Day or 1 Day Strategy Session (2 - 3 hrs.)
- Review the EBA page and watch the short overview video
- Review the questions for the radar.
- Review the sample session agenda above and the facilitation tips below.
- See sample slides you can start with for your strategy session. Please keep our copyright information but feel free to update to your look/feel.
- Introduction: For the overview of EBA, you can use the video on the EBA website.
- Educate Participants on the Terms and Concepts that will be used in the session:
- Strategic Themes
- Growth Items
- Measurable Outcomes (OKRs)
- Definitions of the EBA pillars and competencies
- Provide an Understanding of the EBA Transformation Process and how the assessment fits into the overall process.
- Analysis & Discussion: You can have the group break into smaller groups of 2-3 and discuss an area of the radar to identify the top gaps they see and report back to the larger group. (This is a 10-15 minute activity)
- Strategic Intent & Themes: Once you have the top gaps identified, you can facilitate the group defining their strategic intent and top 3 themes (yearly outcomes) they want to achieve.
- Next Steps: We typically recommend scheduling a 1.5 day EBA Strategy Session for the specific line of business intended for the transformation. This will allow them to align on the transformation intent and strategic themes, then define clear outcomes and create a roadmap, along with definition of the transformation team members.
- You can view our EBA Workshops here.
- Results Presentation: You can compile the results and assessment details in a presentation to be shared with the company after the retrospective session.
- Download our template at the bottom of this article!
- Four tables of 5-6 people at each table
- Sticky note pads and markers for each table
- Sticky note pads
- Sharpie markers
- Flip Chart markers
- Post It Flip Chart Pads (5)
- Easels (5)
- Survey Preview