Taking Action on Facilitator Assessment Results
As a Company Admin or as a facilitator, you will want to view facilitator assessment results on the Facilitator Dashboard regularly.
We believe feedback is a gift and is very valuable in helping facilitators understand their strengths and areas of improvement. This information can be used to determine whether facilitators need additional support and training or to acknowledge the facilitators that are rock stars. Facilitators can review their own results to better prepare for future retrospectives. We recommend creating a Community of Practice for facilitators to share best practices and use the feedback from this dashboard to help determine what is working well.
Ideas for Helping Facilitators Improve
- Hold an AgilityHealth® Facilitator (AHF) Retrospective after their first round of facilitating retrospectives.
- Find out how the facilitator felt things went. Did they try anything different than suggested in training that could be shared with others? Did they feel their AHF certification training, along with the Support Center content, was enough to make them successful, or are there gaps?
- Review results of the facilitator assessments at a high level. If doing this in a group setting, be as anonymous as possible so as to not single an AHF out.
- Provide supplemental training depending on the NPS scores received.
- Utilize the Facilitator Refresher PowerPoint as training material.
- Refer the AHFs to the Facilitator Role Guide on the Support Center.
- Those with very low scores should not continue in the role unless they are provided with additional training and support.
- Consider adding scores/quality as a requirement for continuing as an AHF such as gold, silver, and bronze ratings based on NPS score results. Determine what rating is acceptable for an AHF to continue facilitating inside your company and which ratings need additional training or mentoring.
- Leverage the most experienced and skilled AHFs to mentor others.
Recommended Minimum Qualifications for an AHF
To help enable your organization in utilizing AgilityHealth, we have established recommended minimum qualifications for AgilityHealth Facilitators as a guide to use when deciding whom in your organization should become certified.
1-year experience working with Agile teams in a leadership role such as an Agile Coach, Scrum Master, Product Owner, Technical Lead, Agile Project Manager, Resource Manager, Program Manager, or RTE. Good understanding of Agile principles and best practices.
Group Facilitation Experience:
1-year experience facilitating collaborative Agile meetings such as planning meetings, scrum ceremonies, and retrospectives. Ability to stay focused, and neutral, and guide the group to accomplish meeting deliverables within the time box.
Ability to communicate effectively and establish trust with individuals from various backgrounds and areas, including Agile team members (technical and business) and managers. Demonstrates emotional intelligence and is comfortable with managing conflict.
Ability to analyze data, identify patterns and draw logical conclusions.