Key Manager Responsibilities: Continuous Improvement Planning
Key Manager Responsibilities
This article is part of our Key Manager Responsibilities guide. We have broken the responsibilities down into shorter articles.
- Debrief on Team Retrospective Results
- Review assessment results and analyze data
- Review organizational growth items
- Participate as a Member of the Continuous Improvement Leadership Team
- Continuous Improvement Planning
- Attend the Continuous Improvement Strategy Session
- Analyze multi-team data and look for patterns and trends
- Create a plan for removing organizational impediments
- Conduct Leadership Checkpoints
- Demonstrate Progress on Removing Organizational Impediments
Continuous Improvement Planning
As a Manager, you will collaborate with the other members of your Continuous Improvement Leadership Team to analyze the information coming from the teams that are part of the program, line of business or Agile Release Train that you have formed around and create a Growth Plan to help the teams to mature.
Attend the Continuous Improvement Strategy Session Workshop
This workshop is held every quarter (or at PI planning if your company is using SAFe®) for the Continuous Improvement Leadership Team to come together to review the multi-team data and organizational growth items and to also create a plan for top 2-3 items you will work on as a team over the upcoming quarter/PI.
Learn more about the Continuous Improvement Strategy Session Workshop.
Analyze Multi-Team Data
You will analyze the multi-team data during the Continuous Improvement Strategy Session and you can also do analysis on your own or working with a Coach to gain insights into the teams that you support.
Work on the Continuous Improvement Plan
The Continuous Improvement Leadership Team is responsible to deliver the items they commit to in their Continuous Improvement Plan. Learn about Creating and Managing Continuous Improvement Plans.
Be sure to implement Leadership Checkpoints to stay on track.