How do I add Assessment Notes and Team Maturity Stage to an Assessment?
Following a retrospective, the Facilitator should make sure they are adding comments in the “Assessment Notes” area. They will want to set aside some time immediately following each retrospective to complete this task so that the information is fresh in their mind.
Add Assessment Notes
To add assessment notes, from the Team Dashboard, click on the icon for the team you’re working on. This will take you to that team’s Assessment Dashboard. Hover over the assessment you wish to add notes to and click on the blue pencil icon. Scroll down to the bottom of the edit assessment page to the Assessment Notes section.
You can enter the title for the assessment (for example, “baseline” or the quarter and year the assessment was taken during) and add your notes.
The notes should include, but not be limited, to these areas:
- Context around the maturity stage you selected
- Highlights from the session, including any observations you have about the team
- Highlights that can be used in the Manager Debrief
- When noting anything specific, make sure to only document things the team is ok sharing – don’t betray their trust!
- Any background information about the team and context from the session that would help future facilitators (this will be helpful for your own reference as well, if you will be facilitating additional retrospectives for the team)
Select Team Maturity Stage
If the assessment was for the TeamHealth radar, a Team Maturity Stage should be populated for you. This was calculated based on responses to the qualitative questions in the assessment (quantitative question responses are not included). As an AHF, you can override the maturity stage if you truly believe the team is in a different stage than what AgilityHealth calculated for the team.
If a Team Maturity Stage is not already selected, choose the appropriate stage from the drop down. Many of our radars use Crawl, Walk, Run, Fly as the maturity stages. To learn how to determine which stage the team is currently in, visit the How do I analyze Radar Results article. To learn more about Crawl, Walk, Run, Fly, visit the What do Crawl, Walk, Run, Fly mean as Maturity Stages article.