Team Agility: Dimensions and Metrics Widgets
This article is part of our series on the Features and Functionality of the Team Agility Dashboard. We've broken each area down for you, into shorter articles.
- Understanding the Team Agility Dashboard
- Index Widgets
- Over Time Widgets
- Dimensions and Metrics Widgets
- Growth Items Widgets
The data refreshes nightly at 11:30 CT however you can refresh it manually anytime by using the Refresh button.
Dimensions and Metrics Widgets
The third column of three Dimensions and Metrics widgets shows the average score in each dimension or performance metric for the selected radar type from the last completed assessments for the team(s) selected in the Left Nav.
Agility Dimensions: This widget shows the different components that make up the overall Agility for the selected team(s), based on their last completed assessment. This widget contains the average of the team(s) Maturity Dimension and Performance Metrics data. If no data is populated in the Performance Metrics widget, the Agility Dimensions widget will reflect the same data as the Maturity Dimensions widget.
Maturity Dimensions: The Maturity Dimensions widget lets you dive into the maturity of each dimension represented in the selected radar type to visually show you how each contributed to the team(s) maturity level. This widget will include dimensions that have qualitative, rather than quantitative, questions. The average of the scores in this widget will equal the Maturity line in the Agility Dimensions widget.
- Business Operations Teams taking the TeamHealth® 3.0 or 4.0 Radar assessment receive quantitative questions and that data is included in the Maturity widgets. The data for Software Delivery and Service and Support teams taking the TeamHealth Radar 2.5 or later versions for their quantitative questions is used to calculate the Performance widgets.
- The Sort options allow you to sort the dimensions from lowest to highest or highest to the lowest level of maturity.
Performance Metrics: The Performance Metrics widget shows you how various metrics contribute to the overall performance of the selected team(s) for the selected radar type. It includes all quantitative questions that are associated with metrics from completed TeamHealth® 2.5 or later versions or DevOps V2.0 assessments. The average of the scores in this widget will equal the Performance line in the Agility Dimensions widget.
- If no team member received quantitative questions for the TeamHealth® 2.5 or later versions or DevOps V2.0 assessment, no data will be displayed. Note: Business Operations Teams taking the TeamHealth® 3.0 or 4.0 Radar assessment receive quantitative questions but they will not populate in this widget. That data will be included in the Maturity widgets.
- The Sort options allow you to sort the metrics from lowest to highest or highest to the lowest level of performance.
The benchmark feature is an easy way to compare information for a team, product line, or portfolio against overall company data. To turn the benchmarks on, choose your company from the Benchmark drop-down. To turn the benchmarks off, choose None.
When benchmarking is turned on, you can see a vertical line in each row of data on the widgets.
The benchmark line represents the average maturity by dimension or performance metric for all teams within your company, so when viewing this set of widgets by choosing the company level in the Left Nav, the bars of data will meet the benchmark line.
When drilling down into a team, product line or portfolio level in the Left Nav, you will notice that the benchmark line will still reflect the company level average. The bars of data will move to illustrate the average by the dimension or performance metric of the team sub-group that you have selected.
If the bar is to the left of the benchmark line, the sub-group has lower maturity in that dimension or performance metric than the benchmark (company). If the bar is to the right of the benchmark, the sub-group has higher maturity in that dimension or performance metric than the benchmark (company).
The quarter filters control the data shown in the first nine widgets and will allow you to choose the date ranges for which the data displays. The Growth Item Widgets are not affected by these controls.
The list of available quarters is a maximum of 12, based on how much data is available for your company.
The data displayed in the widget will reflect the number of quarters you select and the "Last Quarter" selection. The values consist of the last closed assessment for each team that has data up to and including the quarter selected. If there are no closed assessments for the last quarter you selected, the value will represent the value for the last closed assessments for each team in the last quarter that did have closed assessments.