Insights - Team Agility: Over Time Widgets
This article is part of our series on the Features and Functionality of the Insights - Team Agility Dashboard. We've broken each area down for you, into shorter articles.
- Understanding the Insights - Team Agility Dashboard
- Index Widgets
- Over Time Widgets
- Dimensions and Metrics Widgets
- Growth Items Widgets
Some data in the dashboard updates at 11:30 PM CT daily.
Over Time Widgets
The second column of Over Time widgets represents data calculated over time; displayed quarterly over the past year based on the last assessment taken for the level of team(s) selected in the Left Nav. The current quarter's data will not appear until the end date for the quarter has passed.
The percentage shown at the end of the line is the percentage increase or decrease since the last assessment for the selected team(s). If no assessments have been taken for the selected team(s), the number will be represented as 0%. Positive changes over time will be represented in black, while a negative change over time will be red.
Agility Index Over Time: The Agility Index Over Time is the average of the team's Maturity Over Time and Performance Over Time data, which is the overall maturity of how the team(s) in the selected level in the Left Nav are doing. If no data is populated in the Performance Over Time widget, the Agility Index Over Time widget will reflect the same data as the Maturity Over Time widget.
- If a Facilitator manually chose a maturity stage for an assessment that had a maturity stage automatically calculated for it, the Facilitator's maturity stage is used rather than the calculated maturity stage but only for the Agility Index Widget - the Maturity Index Widget will not be affected.
Maturity Over Time: The Maturity Over Time widget displays the selected team(s) maturity over time, based on the qualitative questions in their last assessment, for team(s) with more than one completed assessment for the selected radar type.
- In order for data to populate in this widget, a maturity stage must be chosen by the AHF on more than one completed assessments for this radar type, or auto calculated by AgilityHealth®, as is done for TeamHealth® 2.5 or later versions and DevOps V2.0 radar assessments.
- If the maturity stage was auto-calculated for the team(s), that calculation is based on qualitative questions only (quantitative questions are represented in the next widget for Performance).
- If a Facilitator manually chose a maturity stage for an assessment that had a maturity stage automatically calculated for it, the Facilitator's maturity stage is used rather than the calculated maturity stage but only for the Agility Index Over Time Widget - the Maturity Over Time Widget will not be affected.
Performance Over Time: The Performance Over Time widget gives you the selected team(s) performance over time, calculated by AgilityHealth®, based on the quantitative (metrics) questions from TeamHealth® 2.5 or later versions or DevOps V2.0 radar assessments, for team(s) with more than one completed assessment for the selected radar type.
- If no team member received quantitative questions for the TeamHealth® 2.5 or later versions or DevOps V2.0 assessment, no data will be displayed. Note: Business Operations teams taking the TeamHealth® 3.0 Radar assessment receive quantitative questions but they will not populate in this widget.
The benchmark feature is an easy way to compare information for a team, product line or portfolio against overall company data. To turn the benchmarks on, choose your company from the Benchmark drop down. To turn the benchmarks off, choose None.
When benchmarking is turned on, you can see a gray line in each row of data on the widgets. Team data is the orange line.
The benchmark line represents the average maturity over time for all teams within your company, so when viewing this set of widgets by choosing the company level in the Left Nav, the benchmark line and the data line for the level selected in the Left Nav will be the same.
When drilling down into another level in the Left Nav, you will notice that the benchmark link will still reflect the company level maturity average over time. The 'lines' will move to illustrate the average maturity over time of the team(s) that you have selected. If the orange line is below the benchmark line, the sub-group has a lower maturity over time than the benchmark (company). If the orange line is above the benchmark line, the sub-group has a higher maturity over time in that dimension than the benchmark (company).
The quarter filters control the data shown in the first nine widgets and will allow you to choose the date ranges for which the data displays. The Growth Item Widgets are not affected by these controls.
The list of available quarters is a maximum of 12, based on how much data is available for your company. The "Last Quarter" filter defaults to the most recently completed quarter. For example, if today is in Quarter 3, then the filter will default to Quarter 2 of the current year.
The data will display for the number of quarters you select and will include the "Last Quarter" selection. In the example below, data displays for Q4 2019 and the previous 6 quarters.