Team Agility: Over Time Widgets
This article is part of our series on the Features and Functionality of the Team Agility Dashboard. We've broken each area down for you, into shorter articles.
- Understanding the Team Agility Dashboard
- Index Widgets
- Over Time Widgets
- Dimensions and Metrics Widgets
- Growth Items Widgets
The data refreshes nightly at 11:30 CT however you can refresh it manually anytime by using the Refresh button.
Over Time Widgets
The second column of three Over Time widgets represents data calculated over time, based on the last completed assessments taken for the level of team(s) selected in the Left Nav.
The percentage shown at the end of the line is the percentage increase or decrease since the last completed assessment for the selected team(s). Positive changes over time will be represented in black, while negative changes over time will be red.
Agility Index Over Time: The Agility Index Over Time is the average of the team's Maturity Over Time and Performance Over Time data, which is the overall maturity of how the team(s) in the selected level in the Left Nav are doing. If no data is populated in the Performance Over Time widget, the Agility Index Over Time widget will reflect the same data as the Maturity Over Time widget.
Maturity Over Time: The Maturity Over Time widget displays the selected team(s) maturity over time, based on the qualitative questions in their last completed assessment, for each team with more than one completed assessment for the selected radar type.
- In order for data to populate in this widget, a maturity stage must be chosen by the AHF on more than one completed assessment for this radar type or auto-calculated by AgilityHealth®, as is done for TeamHealth® 2.5 or later versions and DevOps V2.0 radar assessments.
- If the maturity stage was auto-calculated for the team(s), that calculation is based on qualitative questions only (quantitative questions are represented in the next widget for Performance).
- Business Teams taking the TeamHealth® 3.0 Radar assessment receive quantitative questions and that data is included in the Maturity widgets. The data for Software Delivery and Service and Support teams taking the TeamHealth Radar 2.5 or later versions for their quantitative questions is used to calculate the Performance widgets.
Performance Over Time: The Performance Over Time widget gives you the selected team(s) performance over time, calculated by AgilityHealth®, based on the quantitative (metrics) questions from TeamHealth® 2.5 or later versions or DevOps V2.0 radar assessments, for a team(s) with more than one completed assessment for the selected radar type.
- If no team member received quantitative questions for the TeamHealth® 2.5 or later versions or DevOps V2.0 assessment, no data will be displayed. Note: Business Teams taking the TeamHealth® 3.0 Radar assessment receive quantitative questions but they will not populate in this widget. That data will be included in the Maturity widgets.
The benchmark feature is an easy way to compare information for a team, product line, or portfolio against overall company data. To turn the benchmarks on, choose your company from the Benchmark drop-down. To turn the benchmarks off, choose None.
When benchmarking is turned on, you can see a gray line in each row of data on the widgets. Team data is the orange line.
The benchmark line represents the average growth over time for all teams within your company, so when viewing this set of widgets by choosing the company level in the Left Nav, the benchmark line and the data line for the level selected in the Left Nav will be the same.
When drilling down into another level in the Left Nav, you will notice that the benchmark link will still reflect the company level growth average over time. The 'lines' will move to illustrate the average growth over time of the team(s) that you have selected. If the orange line is below the benchmark line, the sub-group has a lower growth over time than the benchmark (company). If the orange line is above the benchmark line, the sub-group has a higher growth over time in that dimension than the benchmark (company).
The quarter filters control the data shown in the first nine widgets and will allow you to choose the date ranges for which the data displays. The Growth Item Widgets are not affected by these controls.
The list of available quarters is a maximum of 12, based on how much data is available for your company.
The data will display for the number of quarters you select and will include the "Last Quarter" selection. The values consist of the last closed assessment for each team that has data up to and including the quarter selected. If there are no closed assessments for the last quarter you selected, no data will show in the widget. In the example below, data is displayed for Q2 2022 and the previous 4 quarters. In this example, there are no closed assessments for Q2 2022 so there is no "dot" for that quarter's data.