Insights Dashboard: Growth Item Widgets
This article is part of our series on the Features and Functionality of the Insights Dashboard. We've broken each area down for you, into shorter articles.
- Insights Dashboard: Overview
- Index Widgets
- Qualitative and Quantitative Widgets
- Over Time Widgets
- Growth Items Widgets
Some data in the dashboard updates at 11:30 PM CT daily.
Growth Items Widgets
The last set of widgets display Growth Items and what status they are in relative to the selected category (team, organizational, or enterprise).
Overall, this set of widgets can be used to guide you towards where action or assistance may be needed to help the teams overcome impediments and enable greater maturity and performance. For example, a certain competency contains a lot of organizational growth items, but many haven't been started, or completed.
- Team Growth Items: View of the Growth Items categorized as Team at the level selected in the Left Nav.
- Organizational Growth Items: View of the Growth Items categorized as Organizational at the level selected in the Left Nav.
- Enterprise Growth Items: View of the Growth Items categorized as Enterprise at the level selected in the Left Nav.
Growth Items Widget Filters
Within each Growth Items widget, in the bottom left hand corner, you will notice two drop down boxes which provide filtering options. The widget includes both pulled and non-pulled Growth Items, whether they are created inside an assessment's Growth Plan or on the Team Level Growth Item Dashboard (these may not be attached to a radar type and cannot be pulled in by Multi-Teams or Enterprise Teams).
The Show option allows for the display of Growth Items summarized by In Progress, In Progress with Age, Done, and All. For in-progress items, aging is provided to show which items are actively being worked vs. items that have aged.
The filter that is currently selected is reflected at the top of the widget, illustrated below by the In Progress filter example.
The segmentation option allows for the display of Growth Items summarized by type, dimension, sub-dimension, or competency.
- Type: Type of Growth Item is selected when creating each Growth Item.
- Dimension: Major area measured for a team's health. This includes Sub-Dimensions and Competencies.
- Sub-Dimension: Grouping of Competencies, can have multiple Sub-Dimensions within a Dimension.
- Competency: Specific area that we measure for a team's health, through one or more assessment questions. Also called competency target, when creating a Growth Item.
Drill In for Additional Detail
The Drill In feature is an easy way to view the details of your Growth Items. Before drilling in, you can use the Show and Segment By options to choose which Growth Items to review. When choosing the ‘All’ option, a color key is provided at the top of the widget, displaying the comparison of the Growth Items and their status.
Click on the colored bar of a Growth Item category for additional information. The below Growth Item card will appear, displaying additional information about your Growth Items in these categories: Title, Team Name, Type, Radar Type, and Created Date. You can click on the category headings to sort your Growth Items by your chosen category.
You can also use the search bar to search/filter for a certain Growth Item attribute. Use the page options at the bottom of the card to keep reviewing your Growth Items.
From the Left Navigation, you can move to different Growth categories by clicking on the colored bar for the category you would like to view.
The title of each card will change to represent the Growth Item that is currently being viewed.