Add an N-Tier Team
N-Tier functionality in AgilityHealth® is the method to expand beyond our standard levels of team hierarchy: Team > Multi-Team > Enterprise Team.
There are some business rules for N-Tier teams. When you create an N-Tier team, you select sub-teams to roll-up to the N-Tier team, much like how you select Teams to roll-up to Multi-Teams.
- The sub-teams you select for an N-Tier team must be an Enterprise team or other N-tier teams.
- When selecting sub-teams, all of the sub-teams must be of the same hierarchy level. This means you cannot select an Enterprise team and an N-Tier team as sub-teams of a new N-Tier team - you would need to select either Enterprise teams or N-Tier teams.
- After creating an N-Tier team, when you're on the Teams Dashboard and can see all the teams, the avatar for the N-Tier teams will not be clickable, like the avatars for other team types. You can only edit or delete the N-Tier team from the Teams Dashboard.
- The work type for an N-Tier team will appear on the Teams Dashboard as the name of the N-Tier team - example below.
- When using a feature with team structure in the left hand navigation, such as an Insights Dashboard, Pulse Checks or the Business Outcomes Dashboard, the N-Tier teams will be the top level of the team list. If you only have one N-Tier team, any teams that do not roll-up to that N-Tier team will go in the Unassigned category.
- The N-Tier hierarchy must be set up from bottom to top. Teams need to be rolled up into Multi-Teams...Multi-Teams are then rolled up into Enterprise Teams...Enterprise Teams can then be rolled up into an N-Tier team...and then, if needed, additional N-Tier teams that pull in other N-Tier teams can be created.
Here's an example of N-Tier hierarchy:
- Sara Jen Test Company is the name of the company
- Oct Test is the name of an N-Tier team
- Jen Master is the name of an N-Tier team that was selected as a sub-team for the Oct Test N-Tier team
- Test Enterprise Team is the name of an Enterprise team that was selected as a sub-team for the Jen Master N-Tier team
- Test Multi-Team is the name of the Multi-Team that rolls up as a sub-team to the Test Enterprise Team.
- Team 2 and Team 1 are teams that roll-up to the Multi-Team called Test Multi-Team
- All other teams, including Enterprise Teams and Multi-Teams along with individual teams, are listed under Unassigned because they have not been selected to roll-up to an N-Tier team, such as Oct Test.
Add an N-Tier Team
To add an N-Tier team, from the Teams Dashboard, in the upper right-hand corner of the screen, you can click the green 'Add Team' button to go through the simple wizard.
When prompted, select the 'N-Tier Team' option like the image below and click the Add Team button.
Name Your N-Tier Team
- Enter an N-Tier Team Name (required)
- Once a name has been chosen, click Create Team & Add Sub-Teams
You will choose from a list of all of the Enterprise and N-Tier teams that have been added to AgilityHealth® and that you have permission to see.
Remember - all sub-teams for an N-Tier team must be at the same level. In the list below, there is an Enterprise team and two N-Tier teams, but the N-Tier teams are not on the same level. Therefore, when I select one of the below teams, the other options will disappear because they cannot all be sub-teams for the same N-Tier team.
- Click on the team name in the left column to add them to the right column to select the sub-teams you want included in this N-Tier team.
- Type a team name in the Filter Sub-Teams box to search for a specific team.
- Click the Review And Finish button.
Notice that after a selection was made, the other options disappeared. This is because those sub-teams are not on the same level as the sub-team selected, so they cannot all be sub-teams of the same N-Tier team.
Review & Finish
Review the information entered to ensure all sub-teams have been entered correctly. You can click Edit in the Team Profile or Sub-Teams section if you need to make an adjustment.
You can then see, edit or delete the new N-Tier team on the Teams Dashboard - Joe's N-Tier Team.
You can also see Joe's N-Tier Team and it's sub-team, Jen Master, in features that list the teams in the left hand navigation.